Wyoming Insurance CE

Browse our Wyoming Courses

Continuing Education That Is:


Same-day processing

Study at your own pace

Unlimited free exam retakes


Low prices + High quality

No hidden or recurring fees

Unlimited CE memberships


100% state approved

Meets NAIC standards

Expert, friendly staff

Are you an approved provider of CE in Wyoming?

Yes. Our Wyoming state approval number is: 11043.

How long will it take to have my credits processed?

Most students will have their credits processed the same day on which we receive their signed affidavit, issued upon completion of their final exam. If an affidavit is received outside of our normal business hours, these credits will be processed on the morning of the next business day. Once your credits have been successfully filed, you will receive a notification email that also contains your Certificate of Completion.

Do I need a proctor during my exam?

Wyoming insurance continuing education requires an impartial third-party proctor be present during your final exam. The proctor cannot be a friend, relative or co-worker of the licensee, nor anyone with a financial interest in the exam result.

What are the requirements for my course's final exam?

Self-study final exams are closed book. Licensees may not refer to the course material while the exam is in progress.

The final exam must be passed with a score of 70 percent or higher to receive credit. Students have unlimited attempts to pass the exam.

Are there filing fees in Wyoming?

A roster fee of $1.00 per credit is required to process course credits in this state. This fee will be added to your order total during checkout and is then sent by us to the state upon completion.

Are there time limits on my course or exam?

No. You may spend as much time with the course material as you feel necessary, and you may come and go from that material as often as you like. There is no time limit on our exams, however all exams must be completed within one sitting. Once started, if an exam is abandoned for any reason you will need to begin that exam from the beginning when you next return.

Do take special note that every course has an expiration date, which is based on both the state approval and your website purchase date. In order to receive credit you must complete the course before that expiration date.

What are the resident CE requirements in Wyoming?

Producers & Adjusters

24 CE hours*, including 3 hours of ethics, are required every 2-year license term. The number of insurance company sponsored CE hours shall not exceed 50% of the total requirement.

*See Special Training/Education Requirements below.


Special Training/Education Requirements

Long-Term Care (LTC) Insurance

  • Initial 8-hour LTC training requirement: Before selling LTC in Wyoming, licensees must complete an initial 8-hour training course. Completing training requirements in any state satisfies the training requirements in Wyoming.

  • Ongoing 4-hour LTC training requirement: After completing the 8-hour initial training requirement, producers must complete 4 hours of state approved LTC  training every 24-month period following the completion of the initial training and every 24-months thereafter.  Completing training requirements in any state satisfies the training requirements in Wyoming.

Annuity Training

  • Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products in Wyoming, producers must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours. 

Flood Insurance

  • All Wyoming property and casualty producers who sell federal flood insurance must complete a one-time 3-hour course approved for the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
What are the non-resident CE requirements in Wyoming?

Nonresident adjusters must meet resident state requirements. If none, adjuster must complete 24 hours biennially, including 3 hours of ethics. 

When do I need to have my CE completed?

The license term is the last day of the licensee’s birth month every 2 years.

May I re-take a course for credit that I have already completed successfully?

A course may not be taken for credit more than once within a 2-year licensing period.

Is there a CE carryover allowance in Wyoming?

Excess credit hours may not be carried over to the next licensing period.

Are there any CE exemptions in Wyoming?

The following are exempt from CE requirements:

  • Individuals holding a limited producers license
  • Individuals licensed for credit life and credit disability
  • Individuals licensed for funeral service contracts
  • Nonresident producers. 
How may I contact the state of Wyoming?
Wyoming Insurance Department
Phone: 307-777-7319
Fax: 307-777-5895
Email: insurancelicensing@state.wy.us
Mailing Address:
Wyoming Insurance Department
106 E. 6th Ave.
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0440
Phone: 877-876-4430
Fax: 404-656-0874
Web site: www.sircon.com
Here are some additional links that we believe you may find helpful:
Browse our Wyoming Courses

Disclaimer: InsuranceStudy provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to continuing education (CE) as insurance producers, agents, adjusters and/or brokers. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither InsuranceStudy nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice. We encourage you to contact the relevant licensing body and/or your carrier to find the most up-to-date and personally relevant requirements.