Idaho Insurance CE

Browse our Idaho Courses

Are you an approved provider of CE in Idaho?

Yes. Our Idaho state approval number is: 155925.

How long will it take to have my credits processed?

Most students will have their credits processed the same day on which they complete their final exam. If a course is completed outside of our normal business hours, these credits will be processed on the morning of the next business day. Once your credits have been successfully filed, you will receive a notification email that also contains your Certificate of Completion.

Do I need a proctor during my exam?

No. Self-study final exams do not require a monitor.

What are the requirements for my course's final exam?

Self-study final exams are closed book. Licensees may not refer to the course material while the exam is in progress.

The final exam must be passed with a score of 70 percent or higher to receive credit. Students have unlimited attempts to pass the exam.

Are there filing fees in Idaho?

A roster fee of $1.00 per credit is required to process course credits in this state. This fee will be added to your order total during checkout and is then sent by us to the state upon completion.

Are there time limits on my course or exam?

No. You may spend as much time with the course material as you feel necessary, and you may come and go from that material as often as you like. There is no time limit on our exams, however all exams must be completed within one sitting. Once started, if an exam is abandoned for any reason you will need to begin that exam from the beginning when you next return.

Do take special note that every course has an expiration date, which is based on both the state approval and your website purchase date. In order to receive credit you must complete the course before that expiration date.

What are the resident CE requirements in Idaho?

Producers (Life & Health and Property & Casualty)

24 CE hours*, including 3 hours in ethics, are required every 2-year license term.

*See Special Training/Education Requirements below.


Special Training/Education Requirements

Category restrictions

  • At least 3 hours of continuing education credit in ethics must be earned each licensing period.

  • No more than 4 hours of continuing education credit from courses approved for public adjusters shall apply toward the continuation of a producer license.

Annuity Training

  • All producers must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hour prior to selling, soliciting, or negotiating such products.

  • Nonresidents who satisfy the training requirements of another state that are similar to Idaho's law will be deemed compliant for Idaho's requirement. 

Long-Term Care (LTC)

  • Initial 8-hour LTC training requirement: Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating LTC insurance products in Idaho, producers must complete an initial 8-hour, NAIC LTC course approved in any state.

  • Ongoing 4-hour LTC training requirement: After completing the 8-hour initial training requirement, producers must complete 4 hours of state-approved LTC training every 24-month period following the completion of the initial training and every 24-months thereafter.

Flood Insurance

  • All insurance producers licensed in property, casualty or personal lines of authority who sell flood insurance through the NFIP must complete a one-time course related to the NFIP which will provide 3 hours of continuing education credit.
What are the non-resident CE requirements in Idaho?

Special Training/Education Requirements

Long-Term Care (LTC)

  • Initial 8-hour LTC training requirement: Before selling, soliciting or negotiating LTC insurance products in Idaho, nonresident licensees must complete an initial 8-hour, NAIC LTC training course approved in any licensed state.

  • Ongoing 4-hour LTC training requirement: After completing the 8-hour initial training requirement, producers must complete 4 hours of approved LTC training every 24-month period. 

When do I need to have my CE completed?

The license term is the last day of the licensee's birth month every 2 years. For business entities, the license term is the first day of the month following the license issuance date every 2 years.

May I re-take a course for credit that I have already completed successfully?

Courses may only be taken for credit once in a 2-year license term.

Is there a CE carryover allowance in Idaho?

No excess CE credit hours may be carried over to the next 2-year license term.

Are there any CE exemptions in Idaho?

The following are exempt from Idaho CE requirements:

  • Nonresident licensees in good standing with their home states
  • Limited lines producers
  • Agents on inactive status
  • Independent adjusters
How may I contact the state of Idaho?

Idaho Department of Insurance
Phone: (208) 334-4250
Fax: (208) 334-4398
Web site:

Mailing Address:
Idaho Department of Insurance
Licensing Division, Third Floor
700 W. State St.
Boise, ID 83720-0043

Phone: (877) 876-0874
Fax: (404) 656-0874
Web site:

Browse our Idaho Courses

Disclaimer: InsuranceStudy provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to continuing education (CE) as insurance producers, agents, adjusters and/or brokers. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither InsuranceStudy nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice. We encourage you to contact the relevant licensing body and/or your carrier to find the most up-to-date and personally relevant requirements.