The Arizona Department of Insurance has waived their normal proctor requirement, until further notice. A proctor is no longer required to be present during your exam. You will instead need to electronically sign an Affidavit of Personal Responsibility, and that affidavit will be completed online as part of your final exam.
This course was developed to meet the long-term care ongoing training requirements in this state and provide students with 4 hours of continuing education.
Course Overview: During this course, participants will learn about the state and federal regulations and requirements and the relationship between qualified state long-term care insurance Partnership programs and other public and private coverage of long-term care services, including Medicaid. They will learn about the available long-term care services and providers, as well as changes or improvements in long-term care services or providers. Also taught will be the alternatives to the purchase of long-term care insurance as well as the effect of inflation on benefits and the importance of inflation protection. The participants will also learn about consumer suitability standards and guidelines.
Upon completion of the course, the participant will know:
- The specifics and significance of the Deficit Reduction and the NAIC Model Acts
- The characteristics of long-term care
- The various types of long-term care services and the providers of those services
- Short term care provided by Medicaid coverage
- The services provided by Medicaid
- Medicaid eligibility guidelines for long-term care coverage
- The meaning and significance of transfer of assets
- Long-term care insurance regulations and legislation
- Suitability guidelines for long-term care insurance
- The impact of the partnership program expansion
- Features and benefits of long-term care insurance policies
- Long-term care insurance premiums
- Alternative funding options for long-term care
PLEASE NOTE: Credit will NOT be given for a course (including those approved to meet the ethics requirement) that is repeated within a 2 year period. Ordering courses with the same course number is considered course repetition.
Attempts to Pass:Unlimited
Note: If you choose to request additional credit types while taking this course, the number of exam questions and proctor rules may change to meet those credits' requirements.
Approved Title:4 Hour Refresher Mandatory LTC Training
Topics Covered:Long Term Care
4 credits in Long Term Care Partnership
This course has been certified by:
Rules for Arizona Insurance Continuing Education
- This state allows for course material to be downloaded. Please note that not all courses will have content that is suitable or available for downloading.
- Exam is open book.