HIPAA Principles and Provisions - VA
Insurance Continuing Education in Virginia
Your Price: $11.01
regular price: $12.95
3 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
July 31, 2022 (71 Days)
CFP Certification Continuing Education
This course focuses on the HIPAA legislation. Upon completing this course an agent should understand the history of the HIPAA Legislation; have a brief understanding of Health Insurance Reform; understand HIPAA’s impact on Individual Health Insurance Plans and Medical Savings Accounts; and fully comprehend the Administrative implications including Administrative Simplification Provisions, Security Regulations, National Identifier Requirements, and Privacy Provisions.
Rules for Virginia Insurance Continuing Education
- Self-Study course material is approved as either online or correspondence. Online training is delivered through an internet based learning environment. Correspondence is delivered by a PDF/Textbook provided directly to the student upon enrollment. You must complete review of the course material before accessing the final exam.
- Exam is closed book.
- Agents cannot receive CE credit for a course taught in alternative formats (a classroom course, online course, video or audio conference, web-conference–based, etc.) if the curriculum is based on the same published materials; this rule applies to any variation of course types.
- ONLY the Virginia Insurance License Number (VLN) or the National Producer Number (NPN) are permitted forms of student identification. Social Security Number, driver’s license number, and all other forms of personal identifiers are strictly prohibited.
- Students are not permitted to complete more than eight credit hours per day. Any course exceeding 8 hours of credit must be completed with a start and end time which is greater than 24 hours apart.
- Student Certification forms which are distributed during your completion of the course are to be submitted to our office no later than 7 days from the date you successfully complete your final exam. All online exams completed on this platform include your electronic certification as part of the exam process.
- The state of Virginia requires providers of online training to restrict access to the final exam until a student has completed the course material in its entirety. To meet these requirements we have put in place a Course Material Verification code on single module online courses which can be found on the last page of your course materials. This code will be required prior to accessing the final exam. For courses which are correspondence, videos or multiple modules, you must review the entirety of the course before the start exam button will appear.
- The state of Virginia charges an additional fee of $2.60 per credit hour.