ACA: Medicare and Medicaid - NY
Insurance Continuing Education in New York
Your Price: $25.46
regular price: $29.95
15 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
November 30, 2021 (158 Days)
Professional Continuing Education
In this course, we will review some of the fundamental concepts related to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) and various issues related to the topic of health care reform in the United States. In this course, particularly, we will consider how the ACA changes, cuts and otherwise modifies the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
In addition, we will review selected passages of “black letter” (or, in the case of this course text, blue letter) law from the ACA itself. We will also provide answers for some common questions you may encounter from clients and prospects about the ACA (“Obamacare”) and health care in general.
We will cover some of the important terms and definitions that appear in the ACA and that relate to health care in the United States. We will also cover how the ACA affects health care underwriting and sales.
Rules for New York Insurance Continuing Education
- Courses approved for Internet may not be downloaded.
- Exam is closed book. An New York state approved monitor MUST be present before you may access the exam. COVID-19 UPDATE: THIS RULE IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED.
- Effective January 1, 2008, a licensee will no longer receive credit for any course previously completed for continuing education credit. Licensees must maintain records of completed continuing education courses and will be held responsible if a course is repeated.
- Upon successful completion of this course you will be issued a Certificate of Course Completion. This document is necessary for your license renewal. Retain this document.
Full and proper functionality of our website and courses requires your browser to meet a few basic requirements, as described below. If this site is looking or behaving strangely, please check that your browser meets these requirements. If you would like help doing so, please call our customer support number. We will be happy to assist.
- Your browser must have cookies enabled.
- Supported browsers include: