Healthcare Reform: Pre-Existing Conditions, Benefit Limits, Rescission & Patient Protection Rules - WV
Insurance Continuing Education in West Virginia
Your Price: $11.01
regular price: $12.95
3 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
July 31, 2022 (71 Days)
Professional Continuing Education
In this course you will be introduced to terms and concepts used in connection with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Act) signed into law on March 23, 2010, and the Regulations for its implementation. Each new term is defined in the text and included in the Glossary. The concepts are explained and, where appropriate, are demonstrated through the use of examples.
At the conclusion of each module, a quiz is presented to test your comprehension of the material in that module. A response is given to the answers you select to the quiz questions affirming the correct choice or explaining why the choice you selected was incorrect.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to
- explain the rules applicable to grandfathered health plans;
- describe the effective dates and rules governing the use of pre-existing condition exclusions in group and individual health insurance plans;
- discuss the annual and lifetime benefit limit rules applicable to essential health benefits under healthcare reform legislation;
- identify the conditions that would permit an insurer to rescind health insurance coverage and the applicable notice requirements; and
- explain the patient protection provisions of healthcare reform.
Although no specific course prerequisite is necessary for a full understanding of the material presented in this course, students should possess a solid, working knowledge of group and individual health insurance.
Rules for West Virginia Insurance Continuing Education
- This state allows for course material to be downloaded. Please note that not all courses will have content that is suitable or available for downloading.
- Exam is closed book.
- The state of West Virginia charges an additional fee of $1.40 per credit hour.