4 Hour Florida Law & Ethics (214 - Life) - FL
Insurance Continuing Education in Florida
Your Price: $11.01
regular price: $12.95
4 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
March 25, 2023 (269 Days)
This 4-hour law and ethics update course is a CE requirement for all license types except Title. The goal of the course is to make Florida licensees more aware of existing law, recent legislative changes and to standardize the delivery of this content. Each licensee must complete a 4-hour course specific to their license type. When two or more licenses are held, the licensee must complete one 4-hour course specific to at least one license type held.
Insurance laws related to agents and agencies are located in Title XXXVII of the Florida Statutes and predominantly in Chapter 69B of the Florida Administrative Code. To be compliant, you need to be familiar with these two specific regulations. Throughout this course, sections of these laws will be emphasized and, in many cases, directly cited for your review.
Students who have completed this course should know:
- The various offices that comprise the oversight of the insurance industry in Florida.
- The requirements for persons to be licensed insurance agents in the state of Florida.
- Your responsibilities for advertising and recordkeeping as an insurance agent in the state of Florida.
- How to communicate with DFS and maintain your license through the MyProfile system.
- What a Guaranty Association is as it relates to your line of insurance.
- About the most recent changes to the Florida Law as it pertains to your line of insurance.
- Pertinent Federal Law as it pertains to Florida licensees.
- The DFS Code of Ethics
- The marketing and ethical guidelines for Florida licensees.
- Florida insurance products and lines of insurance.
- “Suitability” and “Best Interest Standards” when selling insurance.
- The unfair methods of competition and unfair or deceptive acts as defined by Florida law.
- Required premium discounts.
- Recent examples of violations and enforcement actions of Florida licensees.
- Unauthorized products and entities involved in Florida commerce.
- Important terminology applicable to your line of insurance and what those terms mean.
Rules for Florida Insurance Continuing Education
- Course material may not be downloaded.
- Exam is closed book.